Friday, March 15, 2024

getting ready!

Monday sees the start of my 2nd sabbatical, and so I've dusted off the blog I used last time. I am not promising to use it a lot, or that it will be interesting  - but I will try and share some bits and bobs. 

A sabbatical is a gift from the Methodist church for all ordained ministers every 7th year. It is not holiday or a chance to do nothing ... But an opportunity to do something different which benefits my ministry and a time of renewal, refreshment and rest.

Having tried to fit in too much on my last sabbatical, I am intending to have a gentler one this time - I'll be reengaging with my college dissertation on Sabbath theology and doing some reading around that, finding time to worship, to rest, retreat and reflect on my faith and ministry as well as spending time with family and friends.

As well as 2 retreats, I’ll be trying some crafty things – I’ve booked a half day introduction course on weaving, doing some glass crafting and hopefully finishing the cardigan I started knitting for myself 2 years ago, and look for ways to enable a better work life balance on my return, to keep me going until retirement! 

Sleep and doing nothing is definitely the first task though! 






No comments:

Post a Comment