Monday, March 25, 2024

How was your journey to Holy Week?

This evening as part of our retreat, we were encouraged to think about our journey towards Holy Week. Until last week for me it was incredibly busy trying to fit in all that needed to be done before sabbatical, and then last week where there was nothing (workwise) in the diary at all. It's not been the usual lead up to Holy Week and Easter and it has felt strange, but I am very grateful for the space. How was your journey to Holy Week? 

Yesterday was Palm Sunday and I watched 2 different live streamed Sunday services, neither of which really (wholly) concentrated on Palm Sunday so I missed waving my Palm crosses and singing Palm Sunday hymns. Which maybe why this picture struck me this evening, when we were shown some photos from the Holy Week Story. It's called Entry into the City by John August Swanson, and is a contemporary vibrant image of the ride into Jerusalem. Do you like it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment