Thursday, April 11, 2024

What is your body saying to you?

There's a saying that I've been reminded of recently- 'listen to your body'. In our world of work, being busy and the pressure we put on ourselves and others put on us, it's often difficult to take the time to stop and we can feel guilty for doing so...but it's really important for our mind body and spirit that we do so. 

I'm very grateful for the time gifted by the Church for sabbatical and the time to do that, and listening to my body has been the highlight of this week. A lovely weekend in North Wales followed by a relaxing few days with time to do some reading, jigsaw and knitting and to go to my choir has helped me start feeling relaxed at last.. the rest of this week will be much of the same. 😀

Next week I intend to reread my dissertation on Sabbath Theology and do some reading around it. Part of living a Sabbath Theology life is finding time (not just on the Sabbath) to have moments for God and for self... something I've already done during the first few weeks of this sabbatical, but i also want to put in place things to ensure a better work / life balance as I return to work in July. 

For now though back to listening to the body!

No comments:

Post a Comment