Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Sabbath Theology

After 4 weeks of retreat, rest, worship and being kind to myself, I am ready to start a new part of sabbatical plans.... Reading and re-engaging with my dissertation on Sabbath Theology. 

I wrote it in my final few months of formal ministry training (of course we never stop learning..so training never stops!). It was something I wanto explore before entering circuit to help develop and maintain a holistic approach to ministry and enable good practice in terms of work /life balance. 
17 years later, I admit I've not really looked at it although the theory of Sabbath theology has never left me!

At times I think I'm good at it but mostly I think I'm rubbish at allowing myself time to be rather than do and so with about 12 years left till retirement (unless the rules change again) I felt it was an important time to re-engage with it. Today then I will reread it, then over the next few weeks read some newer books on the subject and consider what else I can learn from it and put into practice 

I'm sure I'm blog about this morning but for now, it's time for coffee and space to read

No comments:

Post a Comment