Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Sabbath Reflections

During the week since I last blogged, I've had a good week not only reading about Sabbath but living out some of it's attitudes as well. In my dissertation I spoke of 4 principles of Sabbath (although I might add more when I finish my reading!) - rest, thanksgiving, justice and generosity. 

My week has involved reading, worship, sleeping, singing with my choir, more reading, knitting angels ready for Christmas, doing some jigsaw, walking and meeting friends for coffee/lunch and more reading, spending time with Andrew (including time at the national memorial arboretum) 

I've also started to sort some of the 500 + (non work) books I have - clearing and sorting them is being therapeutic although there is still a long way to go. 

I've finished reading Sabbath as resistance by Walter Brueggermann which i'm quite proud off as i'm good at starting books and not finishing them.....😂

It was a good book and and i have found new things that I would now add to a dissertation if I was writing it now, i"ll share more once I've read more books! Next on the list is a book by Mark Scarlata who reflects on Sabbath rest for a digital age





No comments:

Post a Comment