Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Good Morning?!!!?????

As part of my devotions this morning, I looked at the website called praying each day (www.prayingeachday.org/reflect.htmn) - the prayer for the whole of November is as below

" In busy days of noise and action - and especially when my journey seems long and my energy is spent -
lead me to be still, Lord, and discover anew that you are with me"

Shortly before reading that, I was finishing a letter, to a group of people who have promised to support me in prayer..... some of words in that letter being:

"I am struggling a bit, in terms of everything else really … being inspired to do the “everyday things” such as planning worship & preaching, leading meetings and being creative and would appreciate some pray as I work through all this  ...................I am tired all the time and looking forward to a week off in November including a long weekend near Chester"

I know that the first quote is an answer to the second - but it's not connecting in practice at the moment. I have a to -do list that involves some tough stuff for this coming week - including a funeral and thanksgiving service for a very dear, much loved woman at one of my churches - and at the moment really all I want to do is curl up and hibernate for a couple of months.

But I will cling on to God;s promises - for it is all I can do, and trust that he'll get me through it!  For as I read from psalm 22 this morning - "But you, LORD, do not be far from me. You are my strength; come quickly to help me"

No comments:

Post a Comment